Effective September 1st, 2016 Zia will have accepted all new member applications for the membership year of 2016-17. Further orientations will continue to complete those prospective members who were placed on the waiting list through August 31st, 2016. Prospective members can continue to apply for consideration into the club and their applications will be noted and placed in the “first received selection” file for orientation classes beginning in the March-April 2017 time period. Procedures below will continue to be used for those applying.
The specific requirements listed below must be accomplished prior to acceptance as a Zia Member.
1. Eligibility requirements: (1) Any person legally in the United States, who is a member or the National Rifle Association, while he or she remains of good repute. (2) Not be a member of an organization having as its purpose the overthrow by force and violence the government of the United States or an of its political subdivisions. (3) Eligibility requirements shall not in any manner be based on a person’s race, color, religion, sex or national origin, and no such discriminatory records shall be maintained by this club.
2. Pre-Apply to the Zia Membership Committee (Committee) per the form below.
3. The Committee will assemble an applicant list based on an “earliest received” selection basis. When openings and orientation class size/dates are available, the earliest received applicants will be advised by a Zia mailing of documents required for membership into the club. Instructions are included in the documents.
4. A scheduled class can be adjusted once without losing preferential scheduling status.
5. Satisfactorily attend Orientation Class as scheduled. The prospective member will receive required safety and operational training at the Orientation Class. A gate key and membership card will be issued per Zia procedures. This training will take approximately 3-4 hours.
Zia Rifle and Pistol Club New Member Pre-Application Request to be included on Prospective Applicant List
Upon receipt, applicants will be placed on an “as received” list and given a corresponding waitlist reference number. As openings in the club are available, Applicants will be notified of an orientation date and sent a packet of information and formal membership application. Instructions will be included. If you have any questions concerning your place on the waitlist or where we are at in the waitlist, please include your waitlist id number in your emails.