How to Help
Zia Rifle and Pistol Club Code of Conduct
1. The Zia Rifle and Pistol Club is a family oriented facility. Members should conduct themselves in a manner that promotes a safe and friendly environment. Foul language, displays of anger and unsportsmanlike conduct are not appropriate.
2. Persons observing unsafe or inappropriate behavior should record the name and/or vehicle license number of the offender, time and date of the incident, a physical description of the offender and report it to the Board of Directors. Do NOT attempt to intervene in a situation where anger or bad conduct is displayed.
3. The consumption of intoxicating or debilitating drugs or beverages is strictly forbidden to persons engaged in shooting activities. Obviously, no illegal substances are allowed.
4. Members are encouraged to bring their children. Children must be supervised at all times. Children are expected to obey all safety and conduct rules of the ZR&PC.5. Pets must be on a leash. Hunting dogs in training must not be allowed to roam in a manner that interferes with shooting activities or degrades safety. 6. A reward will be paid for information leading to the arrest and conviction of any person vandalizing, willfully destroying or stealing ZR&PC property. 7. Members are expected to clean up their own trash, used targets, spent cases, etc. and place them in the receptacles provided. Always pick up a little extra if previous range users “forgot” to clean up. 8. Protect your Range environment and facilities.
- Climbing berms causes erosion. Do not destroy native plants.
- Bring your own targets and shoot only at appropriate targets. Do not shoot target frames or other range facilities or equipment.
- Do not use targets or other equipment that belongs to organized club activities without specific approval of the activity chairman (If you didn’t bring it to the range…don’t use it).
- Keep doors and hatches secure to prevent wind damage.
- Let the Board know if you find something broken or in need have care.