Welcome to Action Handgun!
Action Handgun is a low key, low stress, enjoyable competition geared for new shooters and experienced shooters alike. It stresses simple courses where all types of handguns are competitive. It is a great way to learn to handle your gun competently and have fun at the same time!
Action Handgun is a sport dedicated to the informal shooting of handguns.
- Our sport sharpens the skills the average citizen should exercise in the safe handling and operation of typical, standard handguns.
- At Action Handgun, you learn by observation of others and following standard sport shooting and safety procedures. It’s more like on-the-job training than a class. You’ll learn by having fun.
- We are an equal opportunity sport. Shooters with special needs are encouraged to take a look. Challenged, Senior Citizens, or disabled persons that feel they might benefit from the safety of a firearm are encouraged to join us. As necessary, appropriate, and safe, accommodations will be made for Shooters.
- We have two strict rules: You must be a safe Shooter, and you must have fun.
Basic equipment requirements to participate are:
- Any safe handgun
- Any safe holster that covers the trigger guard
- Belt for holster that must be at waist level
- Multiple magazines or speed-loaders
See Action Handgun Rules for further details.